In 2016, dog bites cost insurance companies nearly $600 million, according to the Insurance Institute. Every year, the number of dog bites rises. The percentage increased by 18% from 2015 to 2016. Also, when we get more and more dog bite calls, it corresponds to ” dog bite attorneys.”
To make a claim, you must be aware of the following.
In all dog bite instances, there are a few requirements that must be met.
1. A dog bit you or caused you harm.
2. You weren’t trespassing on the property.
3. The dog was not provoked by you.
4. You’ve been injured in some way.
There are three things you’ll need to make an excellent dog bite claim.
1. Make sure you’re up to date on your state’s laws.
I. Strict liability- If a dog bites someone, the owner is responsible as long as they weren’t trespassing and didn’t incite the animal.
II. One bite rule – owner is only accountable for the damage caused by the dog if they are aware of the dog’s proclivity for biting.
2. There has to be an injury
3. Make sure a dog is insured
Always make a police report if you are attacked by a dog.
If you’ve been bitten by a dog or know someone who has, please let us “dog bite attorneys” know.